[Ian has had a really weird month. Krizalid tried to kill him, some emo blond kid tried to kill him, Sanji almost ki—okay, the last one was just illness, but still. Seriously, this place is no different from home. He's gotten used to ruining his clothes and having to buy new ones; the only difference here is they are ~free~.
... God, that's so cool.
At this point, he's gotten used to living out in Luceti's forest. Thanks to being prone to death and cold, it's really not that difficult—he's just gotta be careful that he doesn't completely freeze into a hunk of treeman ice, really (dude, it's happened quite a few times in his life, turning into an iceblock until the spring).
At any rate, he's just making his usual wanderer rounds in the forest before stopping to speak to his journal... which lovingly broadcasts something amazing—that is, the sound of him 'umphing' as something lands on his head. A very familiar birdy ass, nestling in his hair...!]
BIRDY!
Birdy is that really you?! Holy mackerel, you're here—!
Ian'll be wandering around the forest like he usually does, albeit with his favorite partridge on his head; the damn thing's too lazy to actually follow him places. Granted Birdy eventually flies off to chill for himself like usual, but for now? A beautiful meeting. Deserved a score by Celine Dion, quite frankly.
... of course, if you're walking through the forest at a particular time, you may hear someone blabbering for help. What'd he get himself into? D'aw, well, the usual. You know what smart people know about trees in the winter? That snow sometimes builds on them and causes the branches to become unstable!
Ian is not one of those smart people. So before he even looked up to investigate that hardy 'CRACK' noise? There was a giant branch falling right on top of him. Soooo... he's squirming under said branch and hollering—]
Is somebody out there?! I sure could use some help! I think I'm crushing all of my internal organs, y'know! Anyone?! Any mushers out there?! M-maybe a big strong lumberjack with a good arm?
[... Meh, he'll get out of there eventually.
Eventually.]
... God, that's so cool.
At this point, he's gotten used to living out in Luceti's forest. Thanks to being prone to death and cold, it's really not that difficult—he's just gotta be careful that he doesn't completely freeze into a hunk of treeman ice, really (dude, it's happened quite a few times in his life, turning into an iceblock until the spring).
At any rate, he's just making his usual wanderer rounds in the forest before stopping to speak to his journal... which lovingly broadcasts something amazing—that is, the sound of him 'umphing' as something lands on his head. A very familiar birdy ass, nestling in his hair...!]
BIRDY!
Birdy is that really you?! Holy mackerel, you're here—!
Chrrr
[MY TSUNDERE BIRD, I HAVE LONGED TO FEEL YOUR WARM LAZY BUTT ON MY SCALP! OH JOYOUS DAY!Ian'll be wandering around the forest like he usually does, albeit with his favorite partridge on his head; the damn thing's too lazy to actually follow him places. Granted Birdy eventually flies off to chill for himself like usual, but for now? A beautiful meeting. Deserved a score by Celine Dion, quite frankly.
... of course, if you're walking through the forest at a particular time, you may hear someone blabbering for help. What'd he get himself into? D'aw, well, the usual. You know what smart people know about trees in the winter? That snow sometimes builds on them and causes the branches to become unstable!
Ian is not one of those smart people. So before he even looked up to investigate that hardy 'CRACK' noise? There was a giant branch falling right on top of him. Soooo... he's squirming under said branch and hollering—]
Is somebody out there?! I sure could use some help! I think I'm crushing all of my internal organs, y'know! Anyone?! Any mushers out there?! M-maybe a big strong lumberjack with a good arm?
[... Meh, he'll get out of there eventually.
Eventually.]
[Action]
Date: 2011-02-21 05:49 pm (UTC)[Murasa had drifted over here, some time between the last moment and this--a rather fuzzy measure of time, but Ian's yelling was like a beacon. All she had to do was follow it--and she was in a rather curious mood, especially after last week.
Once again she was floating in mid-air, quite like she was adrift in a pool of water. She wasn't, of course. But Murasa laughs in the face of your logic.]
Re: [Action]
Date: 2011-02-21 10:21 pm (UTC)A-actually... I'm just a civilian...
[Action]
Date: 2011-02-21 11:14 pm (UTC)[Drifting sideways a bit to get a better look.]
Kind of amazed you can still talk. Most people would be screaming in agony right about now.
Re: [Action]
Date: 2011-02-21 11:28 pm (UTC)I have a—high pain tolerance—I guess—!
[WHY ARE YOU LOOKING AT MY NOT!AGONY?]
Re: [Action]
Date: 2011-02-22 03:13 am (UTC)You bear a very strong resemblance to a pancake. At least your midsection.
[Murasa reaches down, almost casually, and grabs onto the offending branch. And, with one hand, just as casually lifts it away. Being dead is awesome sometimes.]
Re: [Action]
Date: 2011-02-22 07:23 am (UTC)Well I can't help that! How was I supposed to know a tree was going to turn on me?
[While he would love to mask his healing abilities, he figures she kind of figured he wasn't easy to kill like a normal person at this point. V_V]
Re: [Action]
Date: 2011-02-22 07:57 am (UTC)[Murasa, for one, is fascinated by this balloon-man.]
You all right there?
[Man she's bros with youkai she is used to this |D]
Re: [Action]
Date: 2011-02-22 10:15 am (UTC)He turns left and right sharply, and his back makes a few popping, crack noises.]
Hmm... Yeah, I'm just fine now! Thanks a lot for the rescue, ma'am~!
Re: [Action]
Date: 2011-02-22 06:01 pm (UTC)WHATEVA WHATEVA I DO WHAT I WANTalso 2000 years old man D8]No problem.
[The ghost tosses the branch away now.]
If you don't mind me asking, what kind of youkai are you? Or spirit or whatever supernatural-label-of-choice you prefer.
[That spine snapping sounded as vaguely painful as it did intriguing.]
Re: [Action]
Date: 2011-02-22 10:08 pm (UTC)I'm a, uh, tree man, to be exact. That is, I used to be a tree.
I don't think I really count as a spirit or anything like that, but I guess it could be supernatural...
[Though he's never looked at himself that way. :|a]
[Action]
Date: 2011-02-23 06:15 am (UTC)Sounds pretty supernatural to me.
[She folds her arms behind her head, still persistently floating on nothing.]
Do you have a name, tree-man?
Re: [Action] 1/2
Date: 2011-02-24 12:58 am (UTC)Re: [Action]
Date: 2011-02-24 12:59 am (UTC)What are you?
[Action] 1/2
From:[Action] 2/2
From:Re: [Action]
From:Re: [Action]
From:Re: [Action]
From:[ voice ]
Date: 2011-02-21 09:29 pm (UTC)How is he supposed to emo over his missing captain and avoid his captain's brother if he has to leave to help people out from under trees. SO SELFISH. ]
WHAT?
WHERE ARE YOU?
Re: [ voice ]
Date: 2011-02-21 10:25 pm (UTC)I'm, uh—somewhere! Ah! Usopp, is that you?!
[He cranes his neck to look at the journal laying a little ways away. He can't reach it, even with awfully funny-looking scrambling in place, so he just goes for the yelling.]
I'm kinda near that place we met, I think! Ugh, my ribs, my poor ribs...!
[ voice ]
Date: 2011-02-21 11:03 pm (UTC)He's very grateful when that gets more specific :| ] Yeah, it's me!
Don't move too much, I'll get there as soon as I can!
Re: [ voice ]
Date: 2011-02-21 11:06 pm (UTC)...
[He looks at the huge-ass branch, and then the place where it's crushing him into a cartoony pancake. Eeeh... well.]
...Just don't panic when you see it. It's just a flesh wound.
[Totally.]
[ voice/action ]
Date: 2011-02-22 02:16 am (UTC)[ WELL. We'll see how it goes anyway. Sooner or later there will be a longnose tromping through your area of the woods. ]
Re: [ action ]
Date: 2011-02-22 03:37 am (UTC)[He's just chilling on his stomach with a giant branch squishing him, no prob. Luckily his wings are totally intact and twitching every so often just above where the branch pinned him. But he's long given up crawling from the bottom, so he just sits casually with his chin in his palm, waiting for someone.]
Helllooooo? Anyone there?
[ action ] 1/2 like you didn't see THAT coming
Date: 2011-02-24 01:02 am (UTC)EMERGING ONTO THE SCENE TRIUMPHANTLY AND IN A MANLY FASHION, Usopp starts out grinning because you're fine enough to yell, but MAN, you made it sound awful-- ]
[ action ]
Date: 2011-02-24 01:03 am (UTC)ohgod ]
I-IAN, THAT IS NOT A FLESH WOUND.
Re: [ action ] lmao Y U FREAKED OUT THO?
Date: 2011-02-24 01:08 am (UTC)[BLEURGHS BLOOD]
...
OKAY LOOK, I'LL BE OKAY. IT'S REALLY NOT THAT BAD!!
[ action ] YOU'D THINK HE WOULDN'T BE. I MEAN. CAPTAIN = RUBBER MAN.
Date: 2011-02-24 01:15 am (UTC)Sh-should I even move the branch?! What if that kills you?! What if it's the only thing keeping you from bleeding to death?!
Re: [ action ] HELLO, DON'T FORGET ZORO'S BLEEDING COUNT
Date: 2011-02-24 01:19 am (UTC)[F L A I L
ing under this branch at this sudden panicked air.]
IT'S A LONG STORY!! BUT I'M STILL IN A LOT OF PAIN SO IF WE COULD JUST GET THIS OFF ME BEFORE I START CRYING--!?
[ action ] HE THOUGHT YOU WERE NORMAL, IAN DX
Date: 2011-02-24 05:50 am (UTC)...man, he would've been about useless for this a few Luceti-months ago 8| ]
Re: [ action ] DO I *LOOK* NORMAL TO YOU DX
From:[ action ] I'M FROM A SHONEN CANON, HOW THE HELL DO I KNOW
From:Re: [ action ] I DONT KNOW STOP YELLING AT ME YOURE HURTING MY FEELINGS
From:[ action ]
From:Re: [ action ]
From:[ action ]
From:Re: [ action ]
From:[ action ]
From:Re: [ action ]
From:[ action ]
From:Re: [ action ]
From:[ action ]
From:Re: [ action ]
From:[ action ]
From:Re: [ action ]
From:[ action ]
From:Re: [ action ]
From:[ action ]
From:Re: [ action ]
From:[ action ]
From:Re: [ action ]
From:[ action ] 1/2
From:[ action ]
From:Re: [ action ]
From:[ action ]
From:Re: [ action ]
From:[ action ]
From: